Thursday, October 18, 2012

Alice Springs

We checked into a caravan park just south of Alice town that had a bush camp area where we could have a campfire. We needed it to, daytime temps were only mid 20c's and a min of 6c overnight. On with the long pants! I made good use of the firewood we imported from Wolfe Creek.


Alice is a nice town with some great things to do. We visited the Transport Hall of Fame, one of the best motor museums I've seen. Ended up spending 4 hours there!


So grown up......not!

After the museum we had lunch at Tinh & Lans Vietnamese restaurant south of Alice in a garden setting. Not usually my cup of tea, but I loved it. Even had a vietnamese beer, '333'.


We had morning coffee next day at the excellent Sportsmans bar in town. They have a whole room dedicated the the Finke Desert Race. I couldn't drag myself away!



I reckon it's worth a trip to Alice just for the Sporties Bar, The Transport Hall of Fame and Tinh and Lans place. And we haven't even seen the East Macdonnell Ranges yet! Much entertainment can be had at night watching the local constabulary chasing the indiginous population around town mounted on DRZ250 dirt bikes!!

No comments: